Malawian Adventures

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Up date

Well, it's bullet time again:

  • Happy belated Canada Day to those of you back home!
  • Sad to see England out of the World Cup. However, on the upside, I won my World Cup pool with a few friends and co workers (the pool has already been decided since none of us picked the winner)
  • Shout out to my new engaged friend Anne. Congratulations!
  • Gotta love consistent mild weather with no rain. This is the way winter should be.
  • Sorry to see Andre Agassi lose to Nadal yesterday. Sad to see the retirement of one of my all time favourite athletes to watch (he's a tennis player for anyone out there who didn't know that)
  • On a side note, I am quite curious about how genetics will play into the children of Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf (arguably two of the best tennis players ever) Since I don't think Gretzky and Hayley Wickenheiser will have kids, or Tiger and Annika Sorenstam, this may be the best chance to see what happens when a top male and top female from a sport procreate.
  • I might be taking over teaching piano to a few children when my boss and his wife go back to Canada for a few months later this year. I'm thinking that the fact I don't read music very well, or know timing very well, might pose problems. It's tough to teach people just to play by ear. Guess we'll see how that goes.
  • There's a new guy starting in the finance office tomorrow. I hope to work with him in the coming months, in the hopes that he will be able to replace me. Here's hoping that works out.
  • I can't believe 2006 is half gone. Can you?
  • One of the local stores just started stocking Doritos. So much for my diet plans. Here's hoping I can get some more running in. :)
  • I finally got around to getting my official Malawi driver's license (you're only supposed to drive on you Canadian license for like 3 months or something) There was no driving test, but they do make you stand in about 8 different lines in order to complete the paperwork, so it's a pretty good test of patience.

Yeah, that about covers it for today. Have a good one. And if we haven't spoken in a while, drop me a line. I'd love to hear from you.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Charlie (Chuck...sorry)!
    Found your blog with a little help from Tracy, glad to hear you're doing so well. I'd love to see some more pics of where you are.
    Send me your e-mail address so we can keep in touch,
    versacce@sympatico.ca

    Shell

     

Post a Comment

<< Home