Top 5: The Name is the Same
I was telling a friend of mine about this latest Top 5 idea, to which he replied “A bit bored at work these days?” Well, sometimes, but that’s not why I came up with this. My brain just works that way.
So, without further ado, here are my top 5 favourite pairs of songs that share the same name (I’m not talking about cover songs, but completely different songs that the artists just happen to give the same title)
Ones I thought of that don't make the cut:
Perfect – Smashing Pumpkins & Simple Plan: both decent songs, but not stand outs
Hold On – Sarah McLachlan & Good Charlotte
Breathe - Michael W Smith & Pink Floyd & Prodigy: I really love the worship song, the Pink Floyd song is quite good, and I don’t remember the Prodigy song that well, but I think I remember liking it
Honourable Mentions:
Push - Matchbox Twenty & Moist: Two quite good songs by two very listenable bands.
Creep - Stone Temple Pilots & Radiohead: two more good songs
Heaven – Warrant & Live (& Bryan Adams): this one was tough to leave off the list, since I really like both of those songs (Warrant and Live, that is)….but amazingly, there were 5 I liked better. And here they are:
5) One – U2 & Creed: One of my all time favourite songs paired with a Creed song I liked for quite a while. Unlike most people, I will admit to a period of time where I did really like Creed.
4) Gone – The Tea Party & Switchfoot: Neither song would be among my all time favourites, and wouldn’t even make my top 3 of either artist, but they are both good songs by artists that I rather enjoy. Who couldn’t like the line “Gone…like Al Pacino’s cash, nothing lasts in this life…”
3) Money – Pink Floyd & The Beatles – Actually, I probably prefer all four of the songs below these two on the list, but it’s Pink Floyd and the Beatles, so they automatically get a higher rating
2) In the Meantime – Dayna Manning & Spacehog: It was hearing the Spacehog song the other day that served as the catalyst for this list. One of Dayna’s best yet to be released songs, and a rather enjoyable tune from the mid 90s from a group that most of you have never heard of.
1) Alive – Pearl Jam & Edwin: Two great songs. I love the video for the Edwin tune. Probably one of the last music videos that I remember. I should note that I also thought of Alive by POD, and while I like this song, including it in the group would lower its ranking.
Well, there you have it. What did I miss?
So, without further ado, here are my top 5 favourite pairs of songs that share the same name (I’m not talking about cover songs, but completely different songs that the artists just happen to give the same title)
Ones I thought of that don't make the cut:
Perfect – Smashing Pumpkins & Simple Plan: both decent songs, but not stand outs
Hold On – Sarah McLachlan & Good Charlotte
Breathe - Michael W Smith & Pink Floyd & Prodigy: I really love the worship song, the Pink Floyd song is quite good, and I don’t remember the Prodigy song that well, but I think I remember liking it
Honourable Mentions:
Push - Matchbox Twenty & Moist: Two quite good songs by two very listenable bands.
Creep - Stone Temple Pilots & Radiohead: two more good songs
Heaven – Warrant & Live (& Bryan Adams): this one was tough to leave off the list, since I really like both of those songs (Warrant and Live, that is)….but amazingly, there were 5 I liked better. And here they are:
5) One – U2 & Creed: One of my all time favourite songs paired with a Creed song I liked for quite a while. Unlike most people, I will admit to a period of time where I did really like Creed.
4) Gone – The Tea Party & Switchfoot: Neither song would be among my all time favourites, and wouldn’t even make my top 3 of either artist, but they are both good songs by artists that I rather enjoy. Who couldn’t like the line “Gone…like Al Pacino’s cash, nothing lasts in this life…”
3) Money – Pink Floyd & The Beatles – Actually, I probably prefer all four of the songs below these two on the list, but it’s Pink Floyd and the Beatles, so they automatically get a higher rating
2) In the Meantime – Dayna Manning & Spacehog: It was hearing the Spacehog song the other day that served as the catalyst for this list. One of Dayna’s best yet to be released songs, and a rather enjoyable tune from the mid 90s from a group that most of you have never heard of.
1) Alive – Pearl Jam & Edwin: Two great songs. I love the video for the Edwin tune. Probably one of the last music videos that I remember. I should note that I also thought of Alive by POD, and while I like this song, including it in the group would lower its ranking.
Well, there you have it. What did I miss?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home