Malawian Adventures

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

In short.....

A few bullets on what I've been up to lately:


- Watching lots of World Cup (go Argentina) Actually, I've sort of been cheering for England, since I know most of their players, but I picked Argentina in a little pool that I'm in with a few friends. Got 500 kwacha riding on it (about $4USD) :)

- getting lots of things done at work (feeling generally productive)

- looking forward to the new guy starting in thefinance office next month and hoping I can train himto eventually replace me)

- had good chats with my dad and step dad on Father's day.

- went for a run yesterday morning with a girl that's here from the US for a couple of months. Since some of my squash partners are leaving over the next few months, I want to motivate myself to run more, so it's nice to have a partner for a little while. Let's hope we can make it a regular thing

- I've been fighting a few nagging aches and pains (back and legs mainly) Hope that regular stretching can take care of it, and I can remain active (I figured out that I played either golf, tennis or squash every day for over 2 weeks, but then I had to take a week off to rest. Hope and pray I can find abalance)

- I'm going to venture into some more cooking attempts. Next challenge, learning to master making pizza from scratch, and trying to make tortillas and salsa from scratch. On the downside, junk food hasbecome a little more readily available around here, so I hope to retain some discipline to continue to try to treat my body better. The run felt great, and I'm really being reminded yet again that our physical wellness really affects our mental and spiritual wellness.

- I've started attending a Bible study group where weare studying "the purpose driven life" And I've started memorizing the book of Colossians with a friend. I think scripture memorization is a great discipline, and one I haven't done much of in a while (Kyla and I memorized about 100 verses together a few years back, and I've reviewed those, but this is the first new stuff I've added in a while)

- got a copy of the Office Space DVD. Good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home