Malawian Adventures

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Yes...I'm still here

Hello all,

Well, it turns out that some people still check this blog to see how I'm doing, so I do apologize for not updating it in a while. Thanks for your emails of concern. Yes, I am doing alright, and no, nothing bad has happened. Basically, once I passed the year mark of living here (and probably much earlier) it really became more regular life than novelty. And I lack the motivation to make regular life sound interesting in written form. I've had nothing to complain about, and it's not like I haven't had highlights (as my previous post shows), but I just haven't had the time or energy to write about them. Work has been very hectic, but in a good way. I'm seeing the fruits of my labour in that the department seems to be running very smoothly, I understand the systems better and am able to help people with more financial planning, budgeting, and strategic issues. My job has been very satisfying. But it does take up most of my mental energy, so writing coherent thoughts is usually not my priority at the end of the day.

As my return home approaches in a few months, I find myself looking forward to seeing friends and family again. At the same time, I have much I want to accomplish here before I leave, so I don't foresee sitting around wishing I was home already. I've really enjoyed my time here, as most of you know, so I feel confident that I will be content with being here right up until it's time to go.

Well, that's a few words. I'll try and put up a post from time to time, but if you're wondering what's up, just drop me an email (like most of you have done) Hope all is well in your corner of the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home