Wednesday
So, maybe Ill try to keep a semi regular update of what I am doing with my days. Yesterday, I had to make a congratulatory call to Jordan, who has decided to get married. Sadly, I have missed many weddings so far, and am missing at least 4 important ones this year: my cousin, my friend Kris, my step sister, and my friend Ryan. I will be sad to miss each of your special days, but I look forward to celebrating with each of you when I return. I also missed two weddings in the fall. I had a friend complain a while back that she strangely didnt have any weddings to go to in the near future, so I told her she could cover for me if she wanted.
Anyhow, speaking of romance, I watched the movie called Before Sunset last night. I hadnt heard of it before, but imdb.com had it ranked in its top 150 movies of all time. (IMDB is a great site for movie lovers, and often has high rankings for indy and arty type films, but ranks The Godfather and Shawshank Redemption as its top 2, so has some credibility) Anyhow, was this one of the top 150 movies of all time? Probably not. But it was pretty good for what it was. Good emotion, good dialogue, and pretty short so it didnt really drag. Upon further research, I discovered that it was a sequel to a movie 9 years prior called Before Sunrise . The premise of Before Sunset is a man, played by Ethan Hawke, who writes a book about an encounter he had 9 years earlier with a Parisian woman. I like the idea of having the same two actors, in 9 years real time, creating the sequel. A fairly cool concept. On an unrelated note, I was relieved to see that the movie had no connection to the movie After the Sunset, which is a pretty big waste of time unless you are a fan of Selma Hayek, and are entertained watching Woody Harrelson stumble his way through a performance that Im sure required lots of alcohol.
BTW, this is fun. Anyone want to hire me as a movie critic?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home