Malawian Adventures

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Top 5 Most Addictive Songs

Further to my list of albums I just couldn’t put down, here are the songs that have worn out batteries on my CD player over the years through repeated playing:

5)Ziggy Stardust – David Bowie: I fell in love with this song a number of years ago when I first heard my friend Sara’s dad sing it at a jam session, I think in the fall of 2001. I listened to it the entire fall, and it became on of my karaoke favourites.

4)In Your Eyes – Peter Gabriel: This song was used at the end of a one act play written by a friend of mine. Beautiful melody, good lyrics, and the added bonus of being a good associative memory song. Also featured in the movie Say Anything. Yeah, you girls know the one I’m talking about. And to you guys rolling your eyes, shut up!

3)Oceans – Tea Party: The first single off of the last album they put out before they split up, it just had a mesmerizing quality to it. They did an acoustic version of it the last time I saw them play which was just incredible. Plus, I loved how they rhymed “ocean” with “notion”

2)Heaven Coming Down – Tea Party: This song is just hypnotic. And it features the 1564 chord combo that all of you music nuts have heard me drone on about ad nauseum. The same chords that are in my all time favourite song, With or Without You by U2. If you didn’t notice the similarity, listen again.

1)Just Like You – 3 Days Grace: What a catchy tune. I just couldn’t stop listening to this song. Seemingly forever. I’m a little tired of it now, but it had me the first 1000 times.

Honourable mentions:

Walk on the Wild Side – Lou Reed: I love the layers in this song, and how the different instruments play off each other

Take another Piece of my heart – Janis Joplin: Just a good catchy old fashioned rock tune. Uses the tension and release technique that I’m so fond of in music.

Fall to Pieces – Velvet Revolver: Good song.

Today – Smashing Pumpkins: one of my all time favourites. This song makes me smile almost every time I hear it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home