Malawian Adventures

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Blog by email

So, I discovered a couple of things recently.  One, it seems there are a few people who read my blog (and have been slagging me for not updating more often)  Well, I have many good reasons for not updating.  First, my life isn’t all that interesting.  Second, I don’t generally like to write something unless it’s thought out and coherent.  Third, I’ve been very busy at work, and haven’t had the time to put thought into my writing.  Also, loading onto the blog site has taken too much time. 

 

Well, I’ve found solutions to these problems.  People reminded me that a blog site is often just about putting up the thought of the moment.  So, once in a while, I’ll put some thought into what I write, but apparently, there is sufficient demand for my spin on the banalities of life.  Plus, since I’m in Malawi, it seems everything becomes that much more newsworthy.  For example, listening to bad remakes of Michael Jackson songs at the bank might not be noticeable in Canada, but it does jump out at me here.  And lastly, I’ve discovered that I can update my blog via email.  So, I will do my best to keep you all better informed about what is, and what is not happening in my life. 

 

Let’s see, what has happened today?  Well, I caught a bit of “There’s Something About Mary” at lunch today.  My boss has satellite TV, so I catch a variety of mostly low quality films on my lunch hours, or I get to watch some sports or poker, or some 90210 reruns.  It’s usually a nice way to shut my brain off for a little while, and recharge for the afternoon.  Last night, I got to talk to my Grandma by phone to wish her a Happy Easter.  To all who I haven’t talked to recently, I hope you had a good holiday.  I certainly missed the Freedomize way of marking the death and resurrection of our Lord.  But I still got some chocolate eggs and a pretty good chicken dinner on Sunday, so not all was lost.  I also talked with Roshan and Rachel, who are heading off to Europe soon.  I wish I could join them, but that’s just one more way to spend money I don’t really have and shouldn’t be spending.  Hopefully they send lots of pictures.  My current reading (other than Scripture) is “Screwtape Proposes a Toast, and other essays” by CS Lewis.  I just finished another John Grisham book (probably my 10th since coming here)  He’s usually good for killing a couple of evenings with light fluff.  Today, I’m trying to get some work done so that I can get away for another long weekend this weekend.  Leah and a friend are coming down from Tanzania to visit Mike and I, so that should be fun.  Have a good day!

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home