Malawian Adventures

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Some overdue stories

 

 

I realize my blog updating has been a bit sparse, for some of the reasons listed below.  One thing I had always meant to post about was my birthday, which was over a couple of months ago.

 

First of all, some of my friends decided to have a surprise gathering for me.  Unfortunately, in an effort to keep me surprised, they didn’t actually tell me they would be around in the evening, so I made other plans.  A few hours later, I got home to discover that they had been hunting me down for a few hours.  Note to all you planning surprises:  at the very least, make sure the person is available.  Anyhow, we got together for a late drink and a movie, so all was well. 

 

On my birthday, I decided to take the day off and go golfing.  I’m not sure if I will ever again have the opportunity to golf on my birthday (it’s in mid February for those who don’t know), so I was excited about this plan.  Unfortunately, the rains and the lack of lawn mowers made the grass on the course very long, and the course was almost unplayable.  But it beats working I guess.  Just a note on golf, though.  I actually have golfed as early as March break, and as late as mid December, in Canada.  Who says we only have 2 months of nice weather there?  Maybe we do only have 2 months, but they vary from year to year.  Once we get rid of that pesky ozone layer, we won’t have these sorts of problems.

 

Anyhow, that was about it.  I was grateful for the cards and phone calls I got, and do hope that I got to properly thank each of the senders.  If not, be sure and email me and remind me of how insensitive I’ve been, and I’ll be sure to make amends.

 

 

 

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home