Super Sunday(or early Monday) in Malawi
I am so tired today. Why, you may ask? Well, here’s the problem with not being in the Eastern time zone. If you want to watch the Super Bowl live, you’re going to have to mess up your sleeping patterns. A worthwhile sacrifice, in my opinion. It was an eclectic crowd. My friend Paul was our gracious host. He and his family are from the US, and he is a pastor of a number of churches here. He’s also a big Packers fan. But fortunately, he is a fan of football in general, so like me and my 49ers, we still found reasons to watch football long after our teams were finished with their dismal seasons. So, I have been over to his place to watch a number of football games this year, and have also taken to watching the occasional soccer match as well, since he is a big Man U fan. It’s good to have other sports fans around. So, anyway, there was a crowd of about 12 of us, a handful of Canadians and Americans living out of water, along with a few Brits who of course didn’t have a clue what this game was all about but were there for the social time (and presumably not just to see the Rolling Stones at halftime) The game started at 1:25 AM this morning for us, and remarkably, I think almost everyone stayed awake for the whole game, even though it was a bit slow in parts. Then when the game was all over, we had a nice big breakfast (Paul is such a great host), and went our separate ways. I tried to get a little sleep this morning, and decided to roll into work around lunch time. But my body is going to need one more good night’s sleep before I get back into motion, so I think I’ll float through the essentials and go home to rest. Hope everyone back in Canada loved the game. Hope you’re enjoying the nice cold winter as well. I’m looking forward to spending my birthday on a beach or on a golf course, just because I can for the first and maybe only time of my life.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home