Top 5
So, something I thought I could do on my blog is to start a trend of doing random top 5 lists. Most of them will have to do with movies, music, and sports, since these are the things I know the most about. But if you have a topic that you’d like me to do a top 5 on, let me know, and I will try to do it. So let’s see, for this week, I’ll start with an easy one. Here is a list of my top 5 favourite albums, as of today:
Honourable Mention: Evanescence – Fallen, Joshua Tree – U2, Abbey Road – Beatles, Aqualung – Jethro Tull, Zeppelin 4 – Led Zeppelin
5. Edges of Twilight – Tea Party: One of the best live bands I have ever seen, and this was their best album
4. Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd: An excellent album front to back. My second favourite concept album. Apparently, I’m not alone on this one, as this album was on the billboard top 200 for 729 weeks (almost 15 years!) Beat that, Britney!
3. Siamese Dream – Smashing Pumpkins: One of the first CDs I ever owned. Doesn’t it seem like we all fall in love with the music that was popular when we were 16? I know, I’m dating myself, but hey, no one else is dating me….
2. Achtung Baby – U2: I can see my dad shaking his head somewhere, along with my other musical friends. If I were to put a list together based on musical merit, U2 wouldn’t be on it. But my favourite albums are what I find listenable and memorable, and though Joshua Tree had bigger hits, I liked Achtung Baby better as a whole album
1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Beatles: Anyone who knows me well probably isn’t surprised by this one. It contains one of my all time favourite songs (A Day in the Life), some great story telling, a good mix of music, and is just a great disc for a Sunday morning.
Well, that’s my take. Feel free to debate my picks or chastise my omissions. After all, what fun is a top 5 list without debates?
Honourable Mention: Evanescence – Fallen, Joshua Tree – U2, Abbey Road – Beatles, Aqualung – Jethro Tull, Zeppelin 4 – Led Zeppelin
5. Edges of Twilight – Tea Party: One of the best live bands I have ever seen, and this was their best album
4. Dark Side of the Moon – Pink Floyd: An excellent album front to back. My second favourite concept album. Apparently, I’m not alone on this one, as this album was on the billboard top 200 for 729 weeks (almost 15 years!) Beat that, Britney!
3. Siamese Dream – Smashing Pumpkins: One of the first CDs I ever owned. Doesn’t it seem like we all fall in love with the music that was popular when we were 16? I know, I’m dating myself, but hey, no one else is dating me….
2. Achtung Baby – U2: I can see my dad shaking his head somewhere, along with my other musical friends. If I were to put a list together based on musical merit, U2 wouldn’t be on it. But my favourite albums are what I find listenable and memorable, and though Joshua Tree had bigger hits, I liked Achtung Baby better as a whole album
1. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band – Beatles: Anyone who knows me well probably isn’t surprised by this one. It contains one of my all time favourite songs (A Day in the Life), some great story telling, a good mix of music, and is just a great disc for a Sunday morning.
Well, that’s my take. Feel free to debate my picks or chastise my omissions. After all, what fun is a top 5 list without debates?

1 Comments:
At 1:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hey Chuck...wonderful picks. I didn't realize that we had such a close taste in music. My top 5 would stylistically probably look much similar.
Post a Comment
<< Home