Malawian Adventures

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday Update

I had a couple of firsts last night. I played my first game of clay court tennis. The clay that gathers on the ball makes it tough to see, the surface is uneven, and I haven’t played tennis in a year. So the results were predictable. My opponent was equally rusty, which made for a poor, evenly matched game. At least the squash was better. I am now officially a member of the Gymkhana club, where the club itself is in very poor condition, but they do have squash, tennis, golf, and a pool table. And it apparently gives me access to the other clubs in Malawi, which are apparently in better condition.

Afterwards, I had a few people over for dinner. I made some spaghetti with sausage, which turned out pretty well. We ate and played some cards. It was a good time. I made tentative plans to join a group of them going to the lake in a couple of weeks. It will be good to do some more exploration.

I should be finally getting possession of some golf clubs tomorrow. I hope to get out for a round on Friday or Saturday.

Well, that’s about it for today. Hope you are well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home